Friday, 7 December 2012

End of Term Reflection



Personal difficulties for this term September-December are in relating the readings to the topics of the weeks lecture.   I'm having the most difficulty with relating these readings to real life situations.  The life I have led so far has a narrow self centered view point.  The politics of the communities off the reservation, I feel are un- related as the living on the reserve faces issues that are not related to non natives.  The issues are totally different and the structures of the government are not related. 

To further my learning for next semester, I feel that I need to explore how the issues can be changed to better suite the needs of the reservation.  Keeping an open mind to the new ooclo's experiences is one of the most important factors to keep in mind.  This can be difficult due to the fact that the cultures are so different and the dynamics are also different.  There is no long term connection to the ooclo’s in the Niagara area vs. participating within my own community where long term relationships are encouraged and expected.

To gain an enjoyable experience I hope to participate in oodles’ that are in my own community.  This will cut down on travel expenses as well as open doors that will lead to ongoing experiences with the organizations.  This will also offer an experience that will reconnect me with my community in a pro active opportunity.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment